BENEFITS OF SPRAY FOAM INSULATION
- Save money on energy bills.
- Closed cell polyurethane spray foam maintains its R-value over time.
- Spray foam fills every space as it expands; thus, preventing air leaks where traditional insulation does not. The seal also keeps rodents & insects out and stops the infiltration of dust, pollutants, & allergens.
- Closed cell spray foam is light but adds strength to your structure. A spray foamed wall has 3 times greater racking strength.
- It is a vapour barrier as well as an insulator, so it will eliminate drafts and prevent mould and mildew from developing.
- The foam is bio-based making the environmental impact minimal.
- Its sealing power reduces noise pollution.
Why should I use spray foam instead of fiberglass insulation?
Money is always a concern when installing the essential parts of a building. Closed cell spray foam is more expensive initially than other kinds of insulation, but what many people don't take into account is the expenses down the road. Spray foam has a much higher R-value than other insulators and does not shrink or sag like fiberglass batts or blow in. It also provides a vapour barrier when at least 2 inches is installed. Fiberglass insulation's LTTR (Long Term Thermal Rating) is reduced over time whereas spray foam's LTTR doesn't. The energy savings with closed cell spray foam will pay for the insulation.
Spray foam insulation also protects from mould, fungi, insects, rodents, moisture, and other harmful and unwanted substances. It fills every nook & cranny to make your home air-tight, moisture-tight, and pest-tight.
What does R-value mean?
R-value measures the thermal resistance of a material. The larger the number, the longer it takes heat to transfer through. Closed cell spray foam insulation has an R-value of 6.8 and fiberglass insulation only has an R-value of around 3. (Check out the graph at the bottom of this page)
What is a Long Term Thermal Rating (LTTR)?
The 5 year predicted thermal resistivity of various amounts of foam thickness (based on actual experiments). It is the true value of insulation. Ask for our rating!
Does spray foam insulation burn?
Polyurethane foam insulation is listed as combustible, but it has fire retardant in it which means it won't SUPPORT flame. Closed cell polyurethane insulation has the highest fire rating: Class 2 Fire Retardant.
Is there a quality assurance program?
Yes, an in-field quality assurance and control program is part of Foamsulate-Eco. HTS/Premium Spray Products Foamsulate-Eco Site Quality Assurance Programs states that, "the HTS Foamsulate-Eco program monitors the product applied in the field. The program also monitors the Licensed Installer and Licensed Contractor to ensure long term consistency of the installed product."
Our spray foam applicators are certified applicators and Journeymen & Red Seal Certified Carpenters.
Seal up the problem areas in your home to prevent air escapes: uninsulated ducts, wall light switches & outlets, crawl spaces & basements, window & door frames, attics, plumbing vent stacks & exhaust fans, wall top plates, unsealed chases between floors, outdoor faucets, sill plates, fireplaces & chimneys